- 07 November 2014
At BIUST, our overall goal is to have comprehensive internationalization in every area of higher education.
• Globalization of the curriculum in the classroom, research, and e-learning
• Collaboration on Research and Entrepreneurship at an international level
• Diversification of Academic and Administrative Staff with international leadership roles
• Diversification of the Student Body with scholarly output and outreach
• Religious, Cultural and Intellectual freedom for students, staff and host community
The Directorate of International Partnerships and Linkages emphasises global partnerships with other universities, development and research linkages with industry, and connections with special guests from many of the foreign embassies and trade associations located in Botswana. With these global connections, our goals are to:
• Harness research energies for economic, social and cultural development for a knowledge-based economy in Botswana
• Produce graduates that are capable of broad and effective civic/community/global engagement and entrepreneurship
• Connect with other institutions to exchange ideas, students/staff, joint programmes, and discovery through research
• Open doors to attract foreign firms and institutions to Botswana while providing opportunities for BIUST students
Already, there are 15+ international partnerships and linkages between BIUST and international organizations and universities, with 10+ currently in process, and many others waiting to be included in collaborative agreements. BIUST has attracted the attention of the global community and is quickly moving up in visibility and activity in the international ranking of universities.
If your organization is interested in collaboration or linkage opportunities with BIUST, please contact
Director, Ms. Patricia Espinoza
Tel: +267 4900117 or